The announcers, "with the call," covering the olympics often feel the need to fill the silence even though it'd often be better to hear nothing from them whatsoever. In fact, I'd happily listen to most things with them muted.
- "It is so much easier to train for synchronized diving if you're in the same location." -- Really? I'll bet it's a lot different from Basketball, Volleyball, and Rowing.
- I don't want to hear any more about the women's beach volleyball crew and their wedding rings or their plans to have a family soon
- I don't want to hear anything more about the men's beach volleyball crew and their haircuts.
- I don't really care how much Michael Phelps eats.
- I don't care how much Natelie Coughlin hugs the lane line, she's a freaking world champion--you'd think she's figured most of that out.
Commentators, please find something else to talk about -- or, even better, just let us watch the games.